Installing Circuit from Ian Gill on Vimeo.
Man o man, I have been SOOOO busy recently. Being busy is a norm, but I have been even more crazy busy as of late thanks to the onset of summer. Seattle is pretty depressing in winter, but in summer it is AMAaaaaaaazing. There is seriously a different festival or big event every few days. (last weekend was the Solstice Festival.) I have so much to catch up on with my blog like my trip a month ago to New York! I drove a sculpture from Seattle to New York in 4 days about a month ago with my friend Ian. He and I are both artist's assistants for John Grade. And Ian just finished the stop motion video of the installation. It took 3 full days to install the sculpture. It is made out of wood and clay and weighs over 6 tons! We transported all 400 pieces of the sculpture in a 24 foot truck and installed it all together in Cynthia Reeves gallery in Chelsea, NYC. See more images here. Phew, it was a lot harder/more tiring than it looks in the video! Haha
Here is what is keeping me busy this weekend:
- watch the US vs Ghana World Cup Game at the new Market Arms pub
- go to Artopia Festival in Georgetown, Seattle. Woo art!
- go to a dinner party and house show at my favorite undergrad professor's house, (Laura Lasworth). yay!
- watch the Seattle Pride Parade and then dance in the streets. yay Seattle gay community! I support you!
- go to mi amiga Brenna's birthday lunch.
- work my bootie off and catch up on everythiiiiing!!!