Hello everyone Katie here from I go by Katie to share some of my favorite non toxic products with you! A few months back Moorea posted about a little care package I sent her way which included a sampling of non toxic & all natural skin care products for her to try out. Last time she visited we chatted about why I switched & she was interested in finding out more.
Here's my story, a few years ago I examined the labels of every beauty product I used & found the number of carcinogenic chemicals they contained alarming. I realized I was saturating myself from head to toe on a daily basis with a multitude of toxic chemicals studied and proven to cause a number of long term life threatening illnesses. I decided from then on to switch to entirely all natural & non toxic products. Why take that kind of chance when I can get great natural & non toxic products that perform the same if not better than the ones I was using before. However, finding those amazing products was the hardest part of making the switch. So I've put together a list of my favorites to share.
Face, Lips & Eyes
- Everyday Minerals Base & Blush - a great powder foundation & blush made from naturally derived minerals.
- RMS Beauty Lip Shine- my all time favorite all natural way to give my lips a hint of pink - they also carry a variety of other fantastic products like a raw coconut cream which I am also fond of.
- Dr. Hauschka Face Care- I use Dr. H's entire face care regimen. Beginning with Cleansing Milk to remove my make up, next to the Cleansing Cream to wash away dirt without chemicals then I use Clarifying toner & Moisturizing Day Cream. They sell trial kits which makes giving their line a try affordable & easy.
- Dr. Hauschka Liquid Eyeliner - I use this every day & it's is by far the best non toxic eyeliner I have found. You can make fine or bold lines easily that last throughout the day.
- Bariani Face & Body Cream- this lotion is amazing & I use it to moisturize my arms, chest & neck. The best part is that it is completely unscented, so for folks picky about scents it's just divine.
- Pure Soap - this soap by Cal Ben is my all time favorite it's mild, smells faintly of almond & lathers like a dream. I use it instead of shaving cream it's so lovely.
- Dr. Hauchska Rose Body Oil - this oil is the absolute best, I use it immediately after I get out of the shower so it absorbs into my skin & leaves it feeling soft all day long.
- Scotch Naturals Nail Polish- I've been using this nail polish for about a year now & it's definitely my favorite. It takes a little getting used to because you have to prep your nails a bit before application & it lasts different lengths of time depending on the condition of your nails.
- Aubrey Organics - I use their hair conditioner & love it.
- Dr. Bronners - makes great liquid soaps.
- Weleda - I use their citrus deodorant & salt toothpaste.
- NaturaCare - awesome all natural bleach free feminine hygiene products
- Cal Ben 5 Star Soap - I use their shampoo & because you can buy their products in bulk you can save a ton of money.
- Dr. Alkaitis - they make amazing organic skincare products - a little pricey but also luxurious.
- Farmaesthetics - I just heard about this company & can't wait to try them out. They have a wide range of 100% natural skincare products made using ingredients from US family farms.
If you are intersted in giving all natural products a try here's your chance to win your own package of skincare goodies including a Dr. Hauschka Daily Face Care Kit which includes a trial sized Cleansing Cream, Cleansing Milk, Facial Toner, Moisturizing Day Cream, Rose Day Cream & Quince Day Cream. Also, a bar of my favorite Cal Ben 5 Star pure soap & a jar of Bariani olive oil face & body cream!
1st Entry: Follow Katie's Blog I Go By Katie, and leave a comment here letting me know.
2nd Entry: Follow my blog and leave a second comment letting me now.
3rd Entry: Tweet about this giveaway and leave a 3rd comment here.
This Giveaway ends on August 30th.