Lately, I've been drinking green tea every morning and I've been feeling wonderful. I love the light, fresh, earthy taste. And my sensitive stomach definitely prefers it over coffee. I've started buying tea in the bulk section of the health food store because it is way more affordable than boxed tea and way more fun to make :) Interested in learning how to make the perfect cup of green tea? Well, here we go!
1. Check out your local health food store, natural foods store, or just your local super market.
Some stores offer loose tea available for you to scoop and take home with you. You'll find tea strainers nearby too.
2. I usually put two pinch fulls of the loose tea in my tea strainer. You don't need a ton of get a great flavor. Put the strainer with the tea in it in your cup and pour your hot water over it.
3. The ideal temperature for brewing is between 140 degrees F. and 185 degrees F. The hotter the water, the more likely it is that your tea will have that yucky bitter taste.
4. The ideal time to steep green tea is 2-3 minutes, but sometimes I let it steep for up to 5 mins if I'm not keeping a close watch.
5. Your green tea is ready! Drink it at your leisure. And you can reuse your strainer full of tea again if you feel like having a second cup soon after your first!
Question: Would you guys like me to do more how-to demos?