Today I'm going to share with you a super simple recipe for the yummiest and healthiest Kale salad ever. My best friend eats this all the time and I love it too so I asked her for the recipe. I'm not sure if she got it from a website or made it up so if you know of somewhere else on the web that lists the same recipe, let me know and I will link to it! This is a Kale salad that is super fresh and spicy. If you don't like cooked Kale, I really recommend this salad because it takes on a totally different and spicy flavor. So delicious and so good for you! I guarantee you will feel really refreshed and invigorated after eating it.
You Will Need:
- 1 bunch of Kale. Or half a bag of Kale from Trader Joes.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 big pinches of red pepper flakes (hint: See if your local grocery store sells spices in the bulk section. They are immensely cheaper if you buy it in the "serve yourself" section of the store!)
- 1 garlic clove (minced/chopped up)
- 1/4 cup of Pecorino cheese. (It is a really dry cheese and is perfect in this salad!)
- Cheese shredder
1. Clean and chop up your Kale leaves and thrown them in a large bowl.
2. Slice your lemon into 4 slices and sqeeze all of the juice over the Kale.
3. Mince up your garlic clove and sprinkle it over the Kale.
4. Season your Kale with however much Red Pepper Flakes as you like. I usually do 2 big pinches.
5. Pour in 2 table spoons of olive oil.
6. Use a small cheese shredder to shred about a 1/4 cup of Pecorino cheese over the Kale.
7. Now just mix it all together and you are ready to chow down!
I have always had a hard time with salads because I never feel full or satisfied with just greens and a few little things mixed in. I'm a hungry kid I guess. But this is the only salad that actually makes me feel full for hours AND I feel really healthy and great after eating it! Try it out if you are a hungry monster like me but want to try a healthier option when stuffing your face full of food :)