The Moorea Seal Studio is seeking Fall and Winter interns! Two of the wonderful ladies on our team are headed out on their own adventures of running their own small businesses, so we are on the hunt for some new excited and eager interns to join the team! Right now we are looking for two candidates who are in the Seattle area who are available for an in studio internships. Are you interested?
OUR DREAM APPLICANT
- Dependable - Always there, on time and caffeinated, rain or shine!
- Hard working - You whiz through projects ahead of time and are eager to take on new challenges.
- Resourceful - You know when to ask questions and when to get your Google on.
- Tech savvy - Whether its describing the difference between a smart car and a smart phone, or navigating your endless favorite apps, you understand or are willing to learn about all the techno gear essentials to the modern retail world.
- Good with your hands - You are at home with tiny tools and can fold a razor sharp paper airplane. Experience making basic jewelry is a plus!
- Sociable - In the Moorea Seal studio, we all work side by side as a team. We look forward to getting to know you and hope you will dig us too. We also have customers & designers stopping by our studio every so often so friendliness & respect of others is of the upmost importance.
- Have mad skills - From photo editing to precision calligraphy, you have your own unique skill sets to bring to the team. We are interested in hearing what makes you one of a kind!
THE JOB SPECIFICS
(shared between all interns)
(shared between all interns)
- You will learn the hows & whys of visual merchandising, the in's and outs of retail software, how orders and client service can impact inventory and lots more :)
- Packaging & Shipment - We take pride in making each package feel like a present for our customers. You'll learn the value of presentation in retail.
- Basic Jewelry Making - for the Moorea Seal line. We're happy to teach you the basics of what you need to make some bling!
- Organizing - Learn various inventory management and organization strategies, how to anticipate and process incoming inventory, etc.
- Copywriting - We can teach you how to construct description for products to make them shine.
- What Can YOU Bring to the Table? We're excited to find out what is unique about you that you can contribute to our team. Maybe your talents will create a new need for our brand and a new job for you! :)
Internships are unpaid, 10 - 20 hours weekly (schedule negotiable), and extend for an initial 3 - 6 month period. We're happy to chat with you school to see if we can get you school credit. Top interns will be offered employment opportunities or the option to extend their internship.
At the moment we are exclusively looking to hire in studio interns who are available within out business hours. Our office hours are 10am-5pm M-F. The studio is a beautiful light-filled space across from the Woodland Park Zoo in Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA. We are attached to a Non-Profit community space with a small (non-profit) coffeehouse for all your caffeine needs.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and current availability to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to meeting you!